How to Follow the Instructions:
As you watch the video, you can read the main points below. There are also photos and video caption times to help you keep your place. PAUSE and PLAY as you go.
- NOTE: This video is for the LongBoard Hybrid series, but can be used for the HB96 SUP as well. The differences will be identified by blue text.
- (0:25) Unpack and unroll your SUP on a flat surface.
- (0:37) There is one recessed air valve at the front-end of the board. Remove the cap and press and turn the valve stem a ¼ turn to the left until it pops up. It is now ready to retain air. (Since this is a one-way valve, air can go in but not come out. When the valve is in the down position, air can go in and out)
- (0:50) The HB96 SUP comes with the red Manual Select Double/Single Action SUP Pump w/ Pressure Gauge. Connect the hose to the handle of the SUP Pump.
- (1:15) Place the hose adaptor into the air valve. Turn to the right until it’s tight. Start pumping in the DOUBLE ACTION setting for maximum volume and switch to SINGLE ACTION when pumping becomes difficult. Inflate to 12~15 PSI (83~103 kPa) for maximum stability and performance. Don’t underinflate or overinflate the board as this may result in instability and poor performance.
(1:40) Sea Eagle also has electric pumps to make inflation even easier. (2:15) Replace the air valve cap.(2:20) Assemble the 3-part SUP paddle by turning over the lower blade and attach it to the middle section. Next, turn the paddle over so you can see the SEA EAGLE logo. Loosen the collar, slide in the handle with the sixe markings facing up like the SEA EAGLE logo, and tighten at the desired paddle length. This is important so that the handle is in the correct orientation with the paddle blade.
- Only use Sea Eagle approved pumps. Never use an air compressor.
(3:55) The Carbon fiber SUP paddle is adjustable from 188~208 cm. It is great for long distance touring or racing. Just release the locking mechanism by pushing it out with your thumb and forefinger, adjust to your liking, and lock again by pushing it back in.
- The SUP paddle is adjustable from 170~215 cm.
(4:27) If you have a DKS (Deluxe Kayak Seat), install the valve bodies onto the valve base. Put the retaining rings over the valve base.
- From 4:27~7:35 is only for the Deluxe Package.
(5:00) Change the pump hose to the one with the large mouth adaptor included in your pump kit. It takes about 12~14 pumps to inflate the backrest and about 6~7 pumps to inflate the seat base.
- You only need to do this once.
- Helpful Hint: put the valve body with the retaining ring in warm water for a few minutes to make the plastic softer and easier to put on the valve base.
- Then, screw the valve body into the valve base and remove the cap.
(5:30) Attach the seat straps to the front D-rings on the board. Then, take the adjustable strap that came with the SUP and pass it around the seat and through the 2 rear D-rings and secure it.(6:18) Assembly for the 4-Part Paddle that comes with the Deluxe Package: There are 2 blades, 2 drip guards, and 2 shaft sections.(6:35) Take the shaft section with 3 pre-drilled holes on one end and one hole at the other end. At the end with one hole, slide on a drip guard and then attach a paddle blade. Repeat with the other shaft, drip guard and paddle blade.(7:00) Assemble the two shafts. There are 3 positions for feathering.(7:20) The last step is to insert the 3 slide-in skegs and clips. You can insert them while inflated OR deflated. Make sure the skeg bases are free of sand.
- Deluxe seats can also be inflated by mouth.
(7:35) The Sea Eagle LongBoard Hybrid is an extremely versatile Stand Up Paddleboard! Whether you choose to sit or stand, tour or surf, this SUP is sure to suit all your needs! (7:47) Packing up is quick and easy! Deflate and remove the seat. Then, take apart the paddle(s).(8:16) Release the locking clips on the removable skegs and slide forward to take them off.(8:21) To deflate, remove the valve caps and push and turn the valve stem ¼ turn to the right. Make sure your eyes and face are not directly over the valve.(8:35) Roll the board from the back-end to the front.(8:40) Make sure your first fold is at the bottom of the skeg base, thereby keeping it flat. Then fold again revealing the second set of skeg bases. Continue rolling to the front of the board. (9:00) Your third fold will reveal the two built-in skegs. Put the skeg protectors on at this time. Then continue rolling to the front of the board.(9:22) Put the strap around the board to keep it from unrolling (optional).(9:40) Put the board and all accessories in the All Purpose Backpack.
- This is a great feature! With the center skeg, your board will track straight and true. Without the skeg, you will be able to release the tail more easily and paddle in shallower water.
Have fun paddling in your new Sea Eagle SUP!